Ariens Company is the UK distributor for ECHO Power Tools and operates echo-tools.co.uk. This website is only for delivery of products to customers in mainland UK and Northern Ireland. We cannot deliver to BFPO addresses, or the Republic of Ireland. All goods must be collected by an adult aged 18 years or over from an approved UK ECHO dealer.
Registered office: Ariens Company Limited, Countax House, Great Haseley, Oxford, OX44 7PF. Telephone: 0800 597 7777 (Lines open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls are free if made from a UK landline or personal mobile).
Registered in England No. 1733046
Registered VAT No. 348 8228 24
Any persons ordering products from echo-tools.co.uk must be over the age of 18.
1. The contract between us
- No contract is formed until we receive full payment for the goods that you order.
- A legally binding contract is made between us when a debit or credit card payment for the whole of the price of the goods ordered has been processed.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on collection of the products ordered from your chosen dealer.
- All orders placed via echo-tools.co.uk must be paid for by a UK issued credit/debit card with a UK billing address.
- All prices are shown in £s sterling.
- If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible (e.g. prior to the goods being despatched). We will provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods you will receive a full refund.
- Prices for our products are subject to change.
- The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK.
- Card types accepted by Stripe (our secure payment service provider) are Mastercard, Visa and American Express.
3. Availability of goods
- We will do our best to ensure that the products on offer on our website are available. However, all our products offered for sale are subject to availability. If an item is out of stock we will contact you to reimburse you for any payments made. We reserve the right to cancel an order, and reimburse you for any payments made.
- All items listed on our website are subject to availability in the same manner as standard purchases. In the event of an item being unavailable we will contact you to offer a suitable alternative, if appropriate.
4. Cancellation and Refund policy
- Please note this Policy applies to UNUSED PRODUCTS ONLY
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the Products or, in the case of a contract relating to multiple Products ordered by you, 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last Product.
- Where goods are delayed in transit, the 14-day cancellation period will commence when you receive the goods. If your ordered ECHO products have been delayed in transit, you have the option to wait for your order or cancel it with your chosen dealer.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform your chosen dealer of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email).
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Products supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Products, or
- if there were no Products supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received confirmation of the good being returned to your chosen dealer.
5. Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel the order you have placed with us if one or more of the goods ordered was listed (on the website) at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing by us.
- If we cancel your order we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit or debit card as soon as possible but in any event within 14 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
6. Collection of ordered goods
- Once purchased, your ECHO goods will be sent to your chosen UK ECHO dealer for collection.
- You will be contacted by your chosen ECHO dealer when your purchased goods are ready for collection.
- When collecting your purchase goods from your chosen ECHO dealer you must bring proof of purchase and photo identification (a valid driver’s licence photocard or passport) which matches your address on your order confirmation.
- If you have purchased an ECHO top-handle chainsaw (CS-360TES, CS-280TES, CS-2511TES) through echo-tools.co.uk, you will be required to present the necessary Tree Surgeon certifications (e.g. City & Guilds) to prove your safe handling of a top-handle chainsaw.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been collected by you from your chosen ECHO dealer. Once goods have been collected from your chosen ECHO dealer they will be at your own risk.
7. Technical Support
- Your chosen ECHO dealer will ensure your purchased ECHO product is properly set-up and is in working order prior to the collection date.
- If the ECHO product which you have purchased through the ECHO website develops a technical fault or malfunctions after collection, please contact the ECHO dealer you collected the product from for further technical assistance.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing (which includes email) and sent to our contact address: Customer Experience, Ariens Company Limited, Great Haseley Industrial Estate, Great Haseley, Oxfordshire, OX44 7PF or email email@example.com. Telephone: 0800 597 7777 (Lines open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls are free if made from a UK landline or personal mobile).
10. Events beyond our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission, accident or other circumstance(s) beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (but without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.</>
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private communications networks including, but not limited to, the internet.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
13. Third party rights
- Except for our directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the United Kingdom Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
14. Governing law
- The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with UK law and the UK courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.